Comments in generated JPEGs

Stephen Davies sdc at SDC.COM.AU
Thu Jun 22 03:32:54 EDT 2006

My latest addition to my Mapserver application is a 3G phone interface.

However, it seems that at least the Motorola 3vx phone cannot handle
comments in JPEG images.

The images generated by Mapserver/gd have the comment:
CREATOR:gd-jpeg V1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality=80
and the phone refuses to display them.
If I manually remove the comment with gimp, the images display
perfectly.

Does anybody know how to stop Mapserver/gd from including the comment?

Cheers and thanks,
Stephen Davies
This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83