standard mapping styles

James Tuthill techie at OMLET.CO.UK
Thu Jun 22 07:58:23 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am laying out some UK maps and was wondering if there are any
'standard' styles. I was thinking of the styling used for the
maps.google.co.uk . The colour choices and detail level are perfect for
my application.  Can anyone send me examples of the styling and the map
files or point me where I can learn more?

When I mentioned this to the person I was buying the data off (
MapMechanics) they said that the styling was included in the shape
files. I haven't heard of this before - is it is correct?

Thanks,

James