current dbox example application

Ken Boss Ken.Boss at DNR.STATE.MN.US
Tue Jun 27 14:07:55 EDT 2006

Hello Dylan--

That error is a bit of a red herring; if you view source for the page you can see the bit of XML that make_dlegend_xml.py has constructed.

You're well on your way, but you'll need to set some WEB METADATA items in your mapfile to configure the legend output.  At present the only documentation for that aspect is a message Steve posted to the list a few weeks ago - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.mapserver.user/20286.

HTH,

--Ken

>>> Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette at GMAIL.COM> 6/27/2006 12:42:36 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

Just grabbed the latest dbox sample application, and it looks great. However,
I am having some problems implementing the dlegend component. Currently,
there is no legend displayed in its container, and a call to
make_legend_cgi.py manually yields the following error:

XML Parsing Error: xml processing instruction not at start of external entity
Location:
http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/cgi-bin/make_dlegend_xml_cgi.py?map=/data1/website/mapserver/dbox-0.9a1/soil_web_v3/soil_web_v3.map&server=casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu
Line Number 2, Column 1:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
^

the site in question can be accessed at this URL:

http://casoilresource.lawr.ucdavis.edu/mapserver/dbox-0.9a1/soil_web_v3/example.html

I can't seem to figure out what the heck is going on...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--
Dylan Beaudette