current dbox example application

Adam Quiney aquiney at REFRACTIONS.NET
Tue Jun 27 14:25:57 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Our group is trying to get a windows XP installation of MS4W to play
nice with an ArcSDE instance running against an SQL Server (running on
Windows XP as well, but a different machine) back-end.  We noticed that
we were segmentation faults drawing out pretty simple layers from the
SDE instance, so as an experiment we pulled the layers out into
shapefiles and accessed those instead - most of our problems disappeared.

However, we have at least two layers for which pulling them out into
shapefiles is not an option.  These layers are still causing problems by
generating unpredictable segmentation faults.  The layers are live data
and undergo a fairly thorough QA/QC process, so I don't believe the
problem lies in the data.

Are there any known issues between mapserver 4.8.3 (that which is
packaged with MS4W) and ArcSDE 9.1, or does anyone have any idea what
might be causing this?

Thanks,

--Adam