shapes to MySQL

Ker Nulov kernu11 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 3 14:08:49 EST 2006

I guess the time is wasted on searching, not drawing
(because small shapefiles are drown very fast) and I
thought .shx is the Shapefile index, I have no .qix
index at all and I have hunderds of shapefiles. This
is what I have:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  1687086 Feb 17 08:27
Cdmexm_region.dbf
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root      187 Feb 17 08:27
Cdmexm_region.prj
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 78934876 Feb 17 08:27
Cdmexm_region.shp
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  1124780 Feb 17 08:27
Cdmexm_region.shx

Is there a open source utility to create .qix? Never
heard of them, looks interesting.

 --- Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com>