TIFF Raster Images - UTM32,33

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Mar 6 08:23:51 EST 2006

wbr wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the mapserver for several solutions, and now i got raster
> images for Germany (1:50000 UTM32 and UTM33). I have only little
> experience in using large raster maps in mapserver.
>
> My Question:
>
> i got the files as tiff with corresponding tfw files and on the bounding
> of utm 32+33 the tiff files overlap.
>
> Is this usable in mapserver (tileindex etc.) ?

Wolfgang,

This will work pretty easily if you create two tileindexes.  One
for all the UTM 32 images, and another for all the UTM 33 images.
Then setup one layer per zone, and set the projection information
appropriately per layer.  You will also need to ensure you set your
map projection is set appropriately so that mapserver knows how to
reproject everything.

Best regards,