Point Layer Won't Draw

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Mon Mar 13 16:10:05 EST 2006

You'll have to give us a bit more information in order for us to help
you.
Are you able to show any other layers?
Why don't you post your mapfile here so we can have a look.

Often when people can't see the'r map layers, there is a problem with
the EXTENT or the PROJECTION parts of the mapfile.
Sometimes people can't see their layers because they have the STATUS set
to OFF Or the STATUS is set to ON but then they aren't including the
layer in the URL. Try setting your layer's STATUS to DEFAULT.

In terms of IIS setup, check
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/setupiis

D. Pagurek

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Lawrence Hartpence
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 2:25 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Point Layer Won't Draw

Hello,

I am using Mapserver 4.6 on a windows machine with IIS.  I have the ms4w
build installed on my machine.

I have a layer named ctl2005.  It is a shapefile.  It won't draw.  I
have tried different mapfiles.  I tried using different symbology.
Nothing works.  It does draw in ArcIMS.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks!!

Lawrence Hartpence
GIS Coordinator
101 1st St N