Mapserver caching and map generation

Wed Mar 15 14:13:17 EST 2006

Ramesh,

This has been discussed quite extensively of late. Mapserver does not do
caching at all. Every mapserver request will generate a new image. If
you want to do caching, you might look at ka-map which creates a tile
cache and serves the tiles if they exist or generates them if they do
not. It is an AJAX client that uses mapserver on the back-end and looks
like google.

-Steve W.