Mapserver caching and map generation

Ramesh Karra karrarm at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 15 13:59:54 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a related question -

I have a map that has 4 tiles at the top level and more tiles as I zoom
in. Let's say total tiles at all levels is 256. Once all these 256 tiles
are generated, mapserver will just serve these from the cache and will not
generated the same tiles again and again, Am I right?

If I configure some kind of RAM based file system as the mapserver cache
directory, then all requests will be served from the memory and the
performance would be great. I would appreciate if some one could confirm
that this is the way mapserver works.

Thanks
Ramesh