PHP MapScript 4.8.1 and PHP 5.1.2

David Badke dbadke at UVIC.CA
Thu Mar 16 12:00:51 EST 2006

We were having a problem running PHP MapScript 4.8.1 under PHP 5.1.2
(Red Hat Linux). Using TrueType fonts caused segmentation faults; bitmap
fonts did not. The server guys have now changed things so that our
application runs under PHP 4.4.2, and "magically" the problem went away.
I am not entirely convinced that it was a PHP 5 problem.

My question: Can anyone definitively say that PHP MapScript 4.8.1 does
or does not work under PHP 5.1.2, particularly with regard to the use of
TrueType fonts? The last message I can find on this topic is a year old,
with no clear conclusion.

David

--

David Badke