Coordinate projection ShpMinX using CGI

James Perrins JamesP at ESDM.CO.UK
Wed Mar 22 04:58:55 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm using mapserver 461 CGI and when a layer is in a different projection to
that of the map (and being re-projected on the fly), if I do a query and
then look at the values returned in for example the SHPMINX value in a
template file it is always in the coordinate system of the layer rather than
the map.

Obviously this causes problems as I want to use this value to reposition the
map to show the object just found and the values I have are in the wrong
coord system.

1)       Is this by design for some other reason

2)       Is there any way to persuade mapserver to return the values in the
coordinate system of the map

3)       Failing the above - can anyone point me at any examples of how to
use the PROJ libraries to convert a coordinate from one system to another

Many Thanks

james