ruby mapscript segmentation fault

Andrew Wiens awiens at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 22 11:18:02 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to get the Ruby mapscript module up and running but am having
problems.  I was able to get it compiled and installed, but when I try to
run the example I get the following segmentation fault:
[root at clh2 examples]# ruby shp2img.rb ../../../tests/polygon.shp
shp2img.rb:8: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i686-linux]

Aborted

Line 8 in the shp2img.rb file has:
shapefile = ShapefileObj.new(filename, -1)

I've tried recompiling the mapserver, then the mapscript module and running
it again, but get the same segmentation fault.  I've played with the ruby
installation and it seems to be working properly.  Has anyone else run into
this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--Andy