Question about WFS.

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Wed Mar 22 11:31:16 EST 2006

Seems like a simple idea, but . . .

All,

We're moving some layers to WFS for some testing of clients.

One question I have is can a Label layer as well as a Geometry layer be
set up as two seperate WFS layer request from the same dataset.   It
seems like this is possible, but wondering about anyone that may have
done something like this.  The Label Layer would essentially be virtual
in nature and be generated by MapServer.

Specifically, we'll want the client (AutoCAD in our case) to pull either
the 3D Polyline data (3D attributes) and/or the 3D polyline labels, that
MapServer Generates now with it's Image Output.  Is this an appropriate
course of action, or should something else be considered.

Thanks

bobb