Possibly a silly question ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Wed Mar 22 23:56:50 EST 2006

Steve Pashby wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just a quick question ... can MapServer read data from ESRI's geodatabase.
> I've just tried accessing some data (and failed), but am not sure if its
> because MapServer cannot read data in a geodatabase, or if its my Mapfile !

Steve,

MapServer can utilize ESRI Personal Geodatabase (.mdb) files on Win32
platforms *if* you have a sufficiently recent version of OGR in your
MapServer build (at least GDAL 1.3.1).

Of course there are lots of things that could be going wrong.

I would encourage you to first verify that access to your personal
geodatabase is working properly with ogrifo.

Of course, if you mean another one of the ESRI geodatabase options
(geodatabase in SDE, etc) then different issues apply.

Best regards,