Annotation for line layer problem

Paul Moen pmoen at STATE.ND.US
Thu Mar 23 10:35:57 EST 2006

My ANNOTATION layer line types worked in 4.8.1 and do not in 4.8.2.  The httpd daemon takes all
the processor and times out in 60 seconds when I zoom to a level the label appears.  This only
seems to be a problem on the annotation for line layers.

LAYER # Line Shape File
    NAME "a_State and Federal Roads"
    DATA roadsstatefed
    GROUP "Transportation"
    TEMPLATE "noexist"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELITEM "HWY"
    CLASS
      TYPE ANNOTATION
      MAXSCALE 1000000
      NAME "0_0"
      EXPRESSION ('[RTE_SIN]' eq 'S')
      COLOR 0 0 0
      SYMBOL "../symbols/largerimages/sthwy.gif"
      LABEL
         MINFEATURESIZE 50
         MINDISTANCE 150
         SIZE SMALL
        COLOR 0 0 0
      END
    END # Standard Road Signs - State
   END

This works for the polygon layer countypoly.

LAYER # Polygon shap file
    NAME "a_Counties"
    DATA countypoly
    GROUP "Political Boundaries"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE ANNOTATION
    LABELITEM "NAME_CAPS"
    CLASS
      NAME "0"
      TYPE ANNOTATION
      EXPRESSION ('[NAME_CAPS]' eq 'MOUNTRAIL')
      MINSCALE 500000
      LABEL
        FONT timesbold
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        OUTLINECOLOR 150 255 150
        SIZE 7
        COLOR 100 100 100
        ANGLE AUTO
        PARTIALS FALSE
        POSITION CC
      END
    END

I get no errors in http error_log or in the console.log.  Did something change that makes my
annotation layer definitions for lines wrong?  Can anyone see if there is something that I am
missing or did something break in 4.8.2?

Thanks,

Paul Moen