Setup Mapserver IIS

Pericles S. Nacionales naci0002 at UMN.EDU
Thu Mar 23 11:09:10 EST 2006

Hugo Girard wrote:

> Hi all, i follow this tutorial:
>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/setupiis
> <http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/setupiis>
> to setup mapserver on iis. Everythings was ok. But i use this command to
> generate my map :
> http://localhost/MSProjects/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrateur\Bureau\randonneurs\map\main.map&mode=map
> and an error appear *BAD REQUEST (INVALID HOST NAME)*. I think my
> command is not good. Someone can help me plz !!!!!

Is the IIS service running?  What happens if you just type
http://localhost/MSProjects/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?

If the above looks right, then you should check your permissions.
Chances are a normal user don't have permission to access an
administrator's directory. ;)  Move your application to a different
directory.

-Perry