Labelling highways

Bird, Derek (xwave) Derek.Bird at XWAVE.COM
Fri Mar 24 07:09:52 EST 2006

Why don't you include your layer code then we can try to help a bit more ...

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Steve Pashby
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 2:18 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Labelling highways

Hello,

I'm trying to label some roads with a highway sign and then overlay their
respective number.  However, for some reason i either label the entire road
with highway signs or just get the highway number !

I guess it has something to do with defining a 'highway sign' SYMBOL and
then using that in the LAYER definition ?

... Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Cheers,
Steve.