ecw support- Alternate implementation

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at WESTNET.COM.AU
Tue Mar 28 01:34:07 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have been playing around with ecw image files with mapserver but have
come up against a licensing issue.  The license offered by ermapper is
vague so I queried them about it and it turns out it is only available
for open source use (without license fee) if used for /non-commercial/
open source use.  As our use of it is /commercial/ open source we are
unable to use it without negotiating a license fee.

Does anyone know of any /true/ open source ecw drivers that would work
with mapserver?

Thanks,
Tim Bowden
--