Serving raster images via MapServer?

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at LARC.NASA.GOV
Wed Mar 29 15:06:20 EST 2006

Hi,
I've got a fairly large archive of raster images that we would like to
deliver to remote clients through WMS. I've still got much to learn about
the technology. I thought I should ask the first obvious question here.

Is there an accepted "best way" to organize and deliver imagery using
MapServer? I have a PostgreSQL/PostGIS server set up to handle our vector
data, but there doesn't seem to be support for raster data in that database.

Thanks,
Thom
--
Thom DeCarlo