Question about DEBUG ON

Wed Nov 15 16:19:12 EST 2006

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have used DEBUG ON in my mapfiles in the past, but I'm getting
>> something very strange happening that I do not remember happening in
>> the past. It looks like the map is getting fully rendered twice and a
>> single map request. This is happening on both 4.6 and 4.9 and from
>> multiple different mapfiles.
>>
>> Does anyone have an explanation for this?
>>

> Check your access_log. I noticed a similar issue recently and I saw that
> I had duplicate entries in the access_log as well. I presumed it was my
> browser (Firefox) that generated duplicate requests and didn't look any
> further. If that's not the case then I'd be interested to hear what you
> find.

Yup, multiple entries in the access log. Boy that is very strange. It
seems like a nasty bug in foxfire that really loads up the server and
slows down the browser I would think.

BUT, I just tried the SAME thing in IE6 and I get two requests also. I'm
wondering if this is a problem that mapserver is not sending some header
or sending a broken header or what?

I have no clue, but it seems broken to me.

-Steve W

from ff: