logo company on mp...

Aaron Racicot aaronr at Z-PULLEY.COM
Wed Oct 4 10:36:15 EDT 2006

Hi there Walter,

You can create a symbol in your symbol file that will point to your logo
image as a pixmap and reference it in a layer.  You can also specify
location in pixel coordinates via a FEATURE.  Here is an example in the
upper left corner with a transparent image:

LAYER
  NAME "Logo"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POINT
  TRANSFORM OFF
  METADATA
    "DESCRIPTION" "Logo"
    "GROUP" "Point"
    "LAYER" "Logo"
    "LAYER_VIS" "-1"
  END
  FEATURE
    POINTS
      50 30
    END
  END
  TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
  CLASS
    STYLE
      SYMBOL "logo"
    END
  END
END

Then from the symbol file:

Symbol
Name 'logo'
Type PIXMAP
Image 'logo.png'
END

Hope that helps!

Aaron

| Aaron Racicot | aaronr at ecotrust.org    |
| GIS Programmer | 503.467.0759          |
| e c o t r u s t                        |
| Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center     |
| 721 NW Ninth Avenue                    |
| Suite 200                              |
| Portland, OR 97209                     |
| www.ecotrust.org                       |