Setting up a WMS server with non-contiguous Raster data

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Tue Oct 10 13:55:07 EDT 2006

Chip -

Assuming that all the orthos are in the same projection, I would simply
ignore the fact that they're not contiguous.  Just create a TILEINDEX
for the whole layer, and they will show up where they're visible and not
show up where they're not.  You can query that TILEINDEX if you need to
know in advance whether there's anything at a particular location or
not.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Chip Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 1:41 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Setting up a WMS server with
non-contiguous Raster data

I have a series of Ortho photos (jpgs) of individual buildings and
building campuses in various cities across the state that are in process
of being georeferenced.  There are presently 113 individual photos but
eventually there could be thousands.  Since these photos are not
contiguous surface and this is the first such server I have set up, I
need some suggestion as to how to go about doing this.  Any pointers
here or links to web sources would be greatly appreciated.

Chip Taylor
Prepared Response, Inc