Virtual layer access OGR ODBC problem

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Oct 10 14:04:17 EDT 2006

Hi There,

  I am trying to access an ODBC database using the ogr virtual  layer
access (using shp2img). The layer seems to be defined properly as far as
I know. It looks something like :

CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>
   <OGRVRTLayer name='AL05AK0001'>
   <SrcDataSource>ODBC:@sos_test</SrcDataSource>
   <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM t_ResEau_Station_Data WHERE Site_Number =
'AL05AK0001'</SrcSQL>
   <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
   <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
   <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
   <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='Longitude' y='Latitude'/>
   </OGRVRTLayer>
   </OGRVRTDataSource>"

The error message is the following :

msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. Attempt to use STRING field `Longitude'
with numeric comparison `>'. <br>

If I just use the SrcLayer instead of the SrcSQL, It seems to work ok :

<SrcDataSource>ODBC:@sos_test</SrcDataSource>
  <SrcLayer>t_ResEau_Station_Data</SrcLayer>
   <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
   <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
   <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='Longitude' y='Latitude'/>

  From what I understand this occures when comparing the x,y values to
the map bbox to see if the element fits in the map. I am using gdal/ogr
from CVS (updated few days ago).

  Has anyone came accross this problem ?

Thanks

Assefa Yewondwossen