Help: generating a hyperlink in query result

Xiaopeng Xiong xpxiong at PURDUE.EDU
Tue Oct 10 14:23:19 EDT 2006

Jacob, thank for your reply.
I think your method generates hyperlinks after post-processing of query result. But I wonder if it is possible to return hyperlinks to a uer directly when he/she clicks on the map. I wonder it is possible?

Thanks,
Xiaopeng

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Delfos, Jacob
  To: Xiaopeng Xiong ; MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:11 AM
  Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Help: generating a hyperlink in query result

  Hi Xiaopeng,

  If the attribute value is simply passed into the HTML, then it's simply a matter of putting in the right HTML code:

  I normally generate a directory listing, and paste it into a spreadsheet (e.g. excel / openOffice CALC), and split up the parts of the link, then concatenate them. For example, imagine a row in a spreadsheet:

  column 1:      <a href="http://someWebsite/mydir/
  column 2:      1
  column 3:      ".img target=#>
  column 4:      click for image
  column 5:      1
  column 6:     </a>

  column 7:     =concatenate(column1, column2, column3, column4, column6)

  Only column 2 and 5 will change (can use autonumber). All other columns will hold the same value, and can be copied across.

  Hope this makes sense.

  regards,

  Jacob