IHO S-57 Files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Oct 10 19:18:28 EDT 2006

Chance Yohman wrote:
> On a completely different note, has anyone tried visualizing DNCs, SENCs, or
> VPF into Mapserver?
> http://www.nga.mil/portal/site/dnc/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&beanID=1714
> 98598&viewID=detail_view#0
>
> I want to visualize DNCS, but I can accept converting to SENC or VPF to
> obtain my goal (for now).

Chance,

I have worked with DNCs and VPF through OGR including in MapServer.  The
trick is to get a build with OGDI properly included.  I did a quick scan of
MS4W and it does not seem to include OGDI support.

SENC's - assuming this is Secure ENCs - aka DRMed to ensure the purchaser
cannot do much with them - are not usable in MapServer or OGR.

Best regards,