Can I create a zoomed map image

Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju sandeepkumar.jakkaraju at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 13 00:43:25 EDT 2006

Hi  All

Can I create Images of Maps from Shapefiles for different scales ??

For example:

I have a shape file with scale 1:20937
I have created an image of size 1031-801.
I can see the whole region in this scale.

Now when I change the scale to say 1:5234.

I want to create the image of the Map which covers the whole region ...at
this scale ...
The width and height of the image are blow up now !!

Can i create the image of the map at this scale which will show me the whole
region...

Thanks in advance