labelling please help

Travis Kirstine tkirstine at JDBARNES.COM
Fri Oct 13 08:33:45 EDT 2006

Sandeep, you have many conflicting declarations in your mapfile i.e.
  LABELMAXSCALE  10014
  LABELMINSCALE  10014
I would simplify it a bit then add additional declarations once you have it
working to something like:

LAYER
   NAME "roads_polyline"
   TYPE LINE
   STATUS ON
   DATA "C:/GIS-Data/ESRI Data/roads_polyline"
   LABELITEM "id"
   LABELMAXSCALE  100000
   LABELMINSCALE  100
  CLASS