Using CONNECTION and CONNECTIONTYPE

Eric Archuleta earchuleta at SANIPUEBLO.ORG
Fri Oct 13 10:56:55 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am using a LAYER      CONNECTIONTYPE of OGR and a layer CONNECTION
pointing to an .ovf file. The .ovf specifies an SQL string that queries my
MySQL database for the point location coordinates. This works perfectly for
displaying locations defined by a static sql query.

My question is if it possible to define SQL queries "on the fly" so that
specific locations can be drawn depending on user interaction? I would like
to present the user with a list of location names and allow the user to
select one or more and then draw a map based on those selections.

Is there a way to do this using the CONNECTIONTYPE and CONNECTION layer
properties? Or is there a better way to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

San Ildefonso Pueblo, NM