does mapserver really use proj4 lib

Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju sandeepkumar.jakkaraju at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 19 01:32:23 EDT 2006

It is like I am try to get the pixel x/y on map image corresponding to
lat/lon of some point in the map....

i am using proj4's pg_transform ..to project the lat/lon of bounds and also
the point required to World Mercator projection epsg:54004...
(though not directly but using Quantum GIS custom projection which uses
proj4)..

then i scale the projected X,Y to the image size to get the pixel x,y ...

This pixel x,y does match with the pixel x/y of the point in the map image
...??!!! the error is abt 30 pixels ...
(** This matches with the result i get when I use the OpenMap Java API)...

so i wonder if mapserver really uses pg_transform ... ???

Thanks
Regards
Sandeep