phpmapscript: changing a layer's style

Aaron Racicot aaronr at Z-PULLEY.COM
Mon Oct 23 17:58:17 EDT 2006

Hi there Dylan,

Have not had the chance to say HI in a while... Great to see some GRASS
guru's diving into Mapserver!

You might already be doing something similar to this but:

1) You need to get the CLASS object
2) Then you need to get the STYLE object within that class using the
following:
   styleObj getStyle(int index)
        Return the style object using an index. index >= 0 &&
        index < class->numstyles.
3) Then you can use the set method of the STYLE object for things other than
color, but since colors are of type colorObj you need to set them directly
using the setRGB method.

Something like:
  $style = $class->getStyle(1);
  $style->color->setRGB($red,$green,$blue);
  $style->outlinecolor->setRGB(0,0,0);

Check out the docs at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/class
obj

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/style
obj

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/color
obj

Hope this helps.

Aaron

| Aaron Racicot  | aaronr at ecotrust.org   |
| GIS Programmer | 360.221.2441          |
| e c o t r u s t                        |
| Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center     |
| 721 NW Ninth Avenue                    |
| Suite 200                              |
| Portland, OR 97209                     |
| www.ecotrust.org                       |