4.10 GEOS Fuctions with PHP Mapscipt

Wed Oct 25 18:10:45 EDT 2006

Chris: The GEOS operators work at the shapeObj level and have no connection to
parent layers (you can create shapeObj's without mapfiles).

Are you seeing strange behavior?

Steve

>>> CamKhmer <chrisscrazydays at HOTMAIL.COM> 10/24/2006 7:27:14 AM >>>
Hi Guys,

I have just begun experimenting with the GEOS functions now available in
4.10 via mapscript and have a question.

Can shape objects from layer object A be passed as arguments to shape object
methods in layer object B? (Each layer has a separate shape file)

I am trying to create a function that determines if shape A (district) is
within shape B (province), as stated above both layers are separate layers
in separate shape files.

I know I have the objects needed as both can be output using print_r(), I
know the method is working as if I pass a shape object from the same layer I
get the results as expected.

Is it just the case that shape objects from different layers or shape files
can’t be passed as objects to shapeObj methods? If so it there any feasible
way around this or am I just going to have to put both districts and
provinces in the same layer and output them through class references?

Thanks for your ideas,

Chris