SELinux and Mapserver

B Tuttle funkbucket at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 25 19:30:04 EDT 2006

Hi all-
I'm trying to get mapserver running on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 system
and company policy requires us to use SELinux. Presently it is
allowing Apache to do it's thing and it allows mapserv to run as well.
However, it is keeping mapserv from searching the filesystem for the
map file. The IT people here are trying to figure out what the
appropriate way to fix this would be, but I was wondering if anyone
might have dealt with this already and have any tips or suggestions
for making mapserver and SELinux play nice, besides turning off
SELinux.

FYI the error from mapserv is:
msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (/mnt/anchor1/eogmaps/data/dmsp1.map)

I'm told by the IT people that mapserv is being stopped being
forbidden permission to search at /mnt