Limiting the viewable extent...

Steve Hall steve.hall at MERCATORGEOSYSTEMS.CO.UK
Fri Oct 27 11:26:33 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Is it possible to restrict the users viewable extent of the map through
the map file?  For example, I have data loaded for the whole of the
country but I want it to be impossible for any client tool to view data
beyond a defined and fixed extent.

The EXTENT parameters just seem to set the initial extent and you can
easily zoom out beyond this extent.

I appreciate this is fairly easy to do through code but though that if
this was possible via a mapfile then it would be done at the 'lowest'
level...

Cheers,

Steve