Using multiple .dbf files with the same .shp/.shx files

Matt Pettis matt.pettis at THOMSON.COM
Fri Oct 27 14:08:18 EDT 2006

Is there any way to use different .dbf files with the same .shp/.shx
file in MapServer?  I'd like to make an online application that, based
on some choices, would pull info from a different .dbf file, but use the
same .shp/.shx file.  The different requests would have different .map
files, but I don't see if there is any way to identify a different .dbf
file to use other than the one of the same basename as the .shp/.shx
files...

Thanks,
Matt