php_mapscript on IIS6/WinServer2003

Jeremy Jin jin at GEDCO.COM
Fri Oct 27 16:37:32 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I set up a new Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with SP1, downloaded PHP
5.1.6 for win32 binary, configured successfully and I am able to run
phpinfo.php to test.

Then I downloaded php_mapserver_4.8.1-win32-php5.1.2 binary. I don't need
the map server, all I want is to install php_mapscript, so I just copy
php_mapscript_48.dll to all possible directories (c:\php, c:\php\ext,
c:\windows\system32). configure c:\windows\php.ini to use
extension=php_mapscript_48.dll.

I changed phpinfo.php as below,

==============
<?php

dl("php_mapscript_48.dll");
phpinfo();

?>
===============

I can still run it. But the output is not different from the old phpinf
which has no dl("php_mapscript_48.dll");

Then I copied my map program from another computer with differnt
configuration : Win2000 Server, php4, php_mapscript_35.dll. The program
works ine on that computer but does NOT work on this computer.

The script is like below,

$shapeFile = ms_newShapeFileObj( "thefilename", MS_SHP_POINT);

Because the script has been working on the old computer for years, I don't
think it is the problem of the script. Probably it is the installation of
php_mapscript. On Win2000, the .php extension is set to use c:\php\php.exe,
on Win2003, I tried to set it to C:\php\php5isapi.dll and php.exe.

Is there anybody who has the same configuration (W2K3, IIS, PHP5, Mapscript)
and got it work? Any advice?

Thanks.

Jin