php_mapscript on IIS6/WinServer2003

Rafael Szajbel szajbel at WIDEMANN.DE
Mon Oct 30 03:31:34 EST 2006

Hi Jin,

the others dll's from php_mapserver_4.8.1-win32-php5.1.2.zip are also needed.

You can open the php_mapscript_48.dll with the program "Dependency Walker" and then you see which dll fails.

Using of php_mapscript_48.dll is also impossible, when older versions of the dll's are located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 for example.

Best regards

Rafael

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeremy Jin
  To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
  Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:37 PM
  Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] php_mapscript on IIS6/WinServer2003

  Hello All,

  I set up a new Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with SP1, downloaded PHP 5.1.6 for win32 binary, configured successfully and I am able to run phpinfo.php to test.

  Then I downloaded php_mapserver_4.8.1-win32-php5.1.2 binary. I don't need the map server, all I want is to install php_mapscript, so I just copy php_mapscript_48.dll to all possible directories (c:\php, c:\php\ext, c:\windows\system32). configure c:\windows\php.ini to use extension=php_mapscript_48.dll.

  I changed phpinfo.php as below,

  ==============
  <?php

  dl("php_mapscript_48.dll");
  phpinfo();

  ?>

  I can still run it. But the output is not different from the old phpinf which has no dl("php_mapscript_48.dll");

  Then I copied my map program from another computer with differnt configuration : Win2000 Server, php4, php_mapscript_35.dll. The program works ine on that computer but does NOT work on this computer.

  The script is like below,

  $shapeFile = ms_newShapeFileObj( "thefilename", MS_SHP_POINT);

  Because the script has been working on the old computer for years, I don't think it is the problem of the script. Probably it is the installation of php_mapscript. On Win2000, the .php extension is set to use c:\php\php.exe, on Win2003, I tried to set it to C:\php\php5isapi.dll and php.exe.

  Is there anybody who has the same configuration (W2K3, IIS, PHP5, Mapscript) and got it work? Any advice?

  Thanks.

  Jin