Any changes in map file from version 3.5 to version 4.8

Jeremy Jin jin at GEDCO.COM
Mon Oct 30 13:46:40 EST 2006

Hello All,

Thanks for help from the list especially from Rafael Szajbel. I finally get
my php_mapscript_48 work on Win Server 2003/IIS. But it cannot create a map
object based on a map file. This script is developed by other company and I
am not familiar with mapscript at all. All php scripts and map files are
copied from my old server (win2k, iis, php4, mapscript 35) to this new
server(win2k3, iis, php5, mapscript48).

When this following line is called,

$map = ms_newMapObj("myproject.map");

The returned value $map is null.  I am able to run the above statement with
the examples.map provided in the mapscript source code.
I am wondering if the map/symbol files should be changed since the
php_mapscript version is newer now.

Thanks for any advice.

Jin