Transparent raster layer

Pleyer, Walter Walter.Pleyer at LFRZ.AT
Fri Sep 1 02:09:28 EDT 2006

Good morning, Frank!

> Are you wanting to return an image from mapserver where the
> final image includes alpha type transparency?  What is your
> output format?
Our goal is to generate an image, that is composed of two input images,
for example one satelite image (tiff) and a DEM (also tiff), where the
DEM is on top and 50% transparent, so that the resulting image as a
pseudo 3D look.
The resulting image does not need to be transparent.
For the output format png is preferred, but jpg is also an option.

thanks in advance
Walter