mime type of GetCapabilities response

Tue Sep 5 09:16:25 EDT 2006

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am expecting application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml but I don't get it, at least
> Firefox does not show, and it does with Geoserver/Deegree.
>
> I get a download dialog with only a Save button and then get mapserv.exe
> saved. The download dialog shows no content-type at all.

I just tried again (using wget in order to see the returned MIME type)
with the latest mapserv from CVS and for VERSION=1.1.0 I get
application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml.

Is it possible that you are getting a service exception from your server
(application/vnd.ogc.se_xml)?

I'd suggest that you try using a tool such as wget that will report the
MIME type of the response.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette