Set new LayerDrawingOrder

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at GRID.UNEP.CH
Thu Sep 7 04:12:34 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I am running a mixture of pre-defined map file configuration layers
and some additional ones created dynamically via mapscript. Now, I
would like to change the layer order from time to time. I saw that
there a couple of commands like movelayerup and the
layerdrawingorder, but I don't really see how they would be useful.
In principle, I would like to access layer after layer by name (not
by index number), to define the new order. Any way I can do this?

Thanks for any advice,

Stefan

         Stefan Schwarzer
         GIS & Data Management