Dimensions in mapserver

Trond Michelsen trondmm-mapserver at CRUSADERS.NO
Thu Sep 7 03:18:47 EDT 2006

Hi.

I'm using mapserver as a frontend for other WMS-servers, and I was
wondering how I can get mapserver to output proper values for the
dimensions in the output from GetCapabilities.

There are several metadata variables that can be set for time
(wms_time and wms_timeextent seems to be the most relevant for my
use), but I can't find any for elevation or userdefined dimensions. At
the moment, I'm only using "elevation", but I'm going to need depth
and pressure as well.

Should I just add elevation=%elevation%&dim_depth=%dim_depth%&dim_pressure=%dim_pressure%&
to my connectionstring, and find some other way to provide the valid
ranges of the available dimensions to the client?

--
Trond Michelsen