Gdaltindex *.extension issue

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Fri Sep 8 04:33:42 EDT 2006

Hi,

I renamed a few image files in a directory to exclude them when generating tileindex with gdaltindex. Accidentally I renamed them to something like image.tifbak instead of image.bak that was my plan.  I realised that when I created tileindex with the command "gdaltindex index.shp *.tif" also the file named .tifbak was included.  The command seems not to be strict with the extension but it is happy when it finds letters "tif" in the beginning of the extension.  I made a couple of more trials and file named image.tif.bak was not included in tileindex while image.tifa was.  However, if I make tileindex "gdaltindex index.shp *.ti" the tileindex will include only files with exact extension .ti and not with longer ones like .tif. I run on Windows if that matters. Not a big problem even it took a while to understood what was happening.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-