Region fill

Julian Parker julian at MAPSOLUTIONS.COM.AU
Mon Sep 11 04:30:48 EDT 2006

I had another quick question - I am trying to get a certain fill within a region but cant seem to get it quite right. My understanding was that I should use a symbol and the region would be 'filled' with this but it always shows as a solid white fill. I am trying to get the region something like the following fill:
_________
|. . . .|
|. . . .|
|. . . .|
|. . . .|
|_______|

And the relavent detail in the MAP file I have is:

  LAYER
    NAME "Wards"
    STATUS ON
    DATA "DataBase\Boundaries\wards_region"
    TYPE POLYGON
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
    LABELCACHE ON
    LABELITEM "Ward"
    METADATA
    END #Metadata
    CLASS
    	NAME "Boundary"
       	STYLE
       	   COLOR 208 255 208
       	   SYMBOL "circle"
       	   SIZE 1
       	END #Style
       	STYLE
       	   OUTLINECOLOR 132 132 242
	   	   ANTIALIAS TRUE
           	   WIDTH 2
        END #Style
        #LABEL
        #   FONT "Verdana"
        #   TYPE TRUETYPE
        #   ANTIALIAS TRUE
        #   COLOR 0 0 0
        #   OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
        #   SIZE 10
        #END #Label
    END # Class
  END # Layer

Regards

Julian Parker
Systems Analyst
Digital Mapping Solutions
Level 2, 2 Hardy Street
SOUTH PERTH WA 6151
Ph: 08 9474 6311 Fax: 08 9474 6411
Mobile: 0438 844 079
www.mapsolutions.com.au

MapInfo Training | IntraMaps | InterMaps | MobileMap | News

Disclaimer
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Although every effort has been made to ensure the correctness and integrity of attachments that may be included in this email, this can only apply to the unaltered/uncorrupted form. A copy of the original attachment is available from our office should you require it.
Alternately, if further verification is required please request a hard copy version.