Personalized cascading WFS datasource without MapScript

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Tue Sep 12 08:28:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I succeeded in my trial in making a personalized WMS layer from my Oracle spatial data by defining layer DATA like this:

DATA "GEOLOC FROM (SELECT MSLINK, GEOLOC FROM GIS_POLYGONS WHERE PLOHKONRO='%NUMBER%') USING UNIQUE MSLINK VERSION 9i"

Then I can connect my WMS service by using URL like

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=oracle.map&NUMBER=111222333444

This works fine at least with one WMS client I have tested and my WMS layer has just one parcel on it.  Now I would like to try the same with cascading WFS.  I am getting what I want if I add the following filter attribute to the WFS-layer definition on my mapfile:

"wfs_filter" "<PropertyIsEqualTo><PropertyName>PLOHKONRO</PropertyName><Literal>111222333444</Literal></PropertyIsEqualTo>"

Now my question if if it is possible to make this string in my filter dynamic without using MapScript?  At least iserting variable name in the similar way than with native Oracle case like <Literal>'%NUMBER%'</Literal> does not work but the string '%NUMBER%' is passed to external WFS server instead.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-