New GiS for History site

P Kishor punkish at EIDESIS.ORG
Tue Sep 12 14:26:40 EDT 2006

still not working well. Earlier, I gave up after about
quick, clicking the zoom button locked me into "Loading...199.207"

Looks nice, if it works... quick. My suggestion would be to work on
speed quite a bit, especially given you say --

"> >>* We're using AJAX to try to minimize bandwidth issues, as many
> >>schools have a narrow pipe.

One more thing, I wasn't even sure where to begin once I went to
gisforhistory.org. After poking around a bit, I gave up, came back to
your email, and found the direct link to the maps. Make the direct
link, well, more direct.

Hope this helps.

Nelson Inst. for Env. Studies, UW-Madison http://www.ies.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation https://edu.osgeo.org/