AW: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Image color problems

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Fri Sep 15 15:35:52 EDT 2006

Hello Jason,

perhaps you have set
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
and
TRANSPARENT ON
in your mapfile

IMAGECOLOR [r] [g] [b]
Color to initialize the map with (i.e. background color). When transparency
is enabled (TRANSPARENT ON) for the typical case of 8-bit pseudocolored map
generation, this color will be marked as transparent in the output file
palette. Any other map components drawn in this color will also be
transparenct, so for map generation with transparency it is best to use an
otherwise unused color as the background color.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
http://gis.ibbeck.de/pinguinale/