Mapserver requires restart of apache

Luca Casagrande luca.casagrande at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 19 05:48:16 EDT 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:52:54 +0300
"Rahkonen Jukka" <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have never experienced just this behaviour, but I have seen that for example MapLab applications do not trigger the new map file with just pushing the Refresh button. But if I check/uncheck a layer or zoom in/out or something then the new map file is used.  Could this be the case for you as well?
>
> If you still need to restart Apache each time to see the effect of editing the mapfile then I believe that the mapfile itself of some program object created from that must be cached somewhere in your system.  Then it might be due to your application rather than Mapserver.  Have you tried what happens if you send requests to your Mapserver-cgi and the edited mapfile through browser, for example?
>
> Regards,

Thanks for your answer!
I did further investigation and i noticed this ( I am using ka-map):
After starting apache2, all is fine: i can do anything, like search or query. Then i can't do no more query or, in the layer section, display the legend for each layer.
If i close firefox, restart apache and reopen firefox, all come back to normal..
Am I missing something in apache config?

Thanks
Luca

--
"Chiunque pu_ simpatizzare col dolore di un amico, ma solo chi ha un animo nobile riesce a simpatizzare col successo di un amico (Oscar Wilde)"

LINUX User #411601
GENTOO-GIS Development Team
jabber: casagrande at jabber.linux.it