How can Create OVF file (for OGR MYSQL connection) interactively

Murat BEYHAN beyhan at DEPREM.GOV.TR
Tue Sep 19 08:18:14 EDT 2006

It was fantastic. Just putting % in SQL statement in where clause than sending
   condition to the map file by html or Php than result spreading on the
display by power of mapserver...
Within one month I have achieved to draw and query map by using mapserver.
Thank you for the help everyone.
PHP-MYSQL and Mapserver are great tools...
Murat

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:30:50 +0200, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote
> See:
>
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData
>
> Section: Dynamic Control of Virtual Sources
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> >  Dear friends;
> >
> >  Finally I have solved to read point data form mysql database than draw
> > map by using
> >  those data.
> >  I have created Peak Ground Acceleration (PGA) map for the specified
> > earthquake which data are
> >  stored in MySql. But I would like to display map for all earthquake which
> > are
> >  described in the Mysql table as eq-id column.I mean PGA data are stored
> > in mysql database.table for several earthquakes
> > and one of the column is called EQ_ID which use for the seperate PGA data
> > from other earthquake like
> > EQ_ID            Lon   Lat     PGA
> > 200006060242 30.40 32.45 2.5
> > 200006060242 30.41 32.46 2.6
> > 200006060242 30.42 32.47 2.7
> > 200606071708 38.45 40.98 5.6
> > 200606071708 38.46 40.99 5.7
> > 200606071708 38.47 41.00 5.7
> > 200606071708 38.48 41.01 5.8
> > .
> > .
> > .
> >  I have querid mysql database by using ovf file as following
> >
> >  <OGRVRTDataSource>
> >  <OGRVRTLayer name="acceleration">

<SrcDataSource>MYSQL:database,user=user,password=pass_wd,host=100.00.00.21,port=3306,tables=d_pgadata1</SrcDataSource>
> >  <SrcSQL>SELECT eq_id,latitude,longitude,acceleration from d_pgadata1
> >  where eq_id like '%200006060242%' </SrcSQL>
> >  <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
> >  <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="longitude" y="latitude"/>
> >  </OGRVRTLayer>
> >  </OGRVRTDataSource>
> >
> >  As you see when I create map by layer OGR this will just the eq_id like
> >  '%200006060242%'.
> >  But I would like to change this eq_id by interactively for example who
> > will
> >  like to see 200606071708 earthquake PGA map he/she can change sql
> > statement in
> >  ovf file by using php or html commands from web...
> >
> >  Do you have any idea is it possible or not.
> >
> >  Please I wellcome any kind of information about it..
> >  Thank you
> >  Murat
> >

> > --
> > believed to be clean.