Antialias lines - error

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Wed Sep 20 17:23:21 EDT 2006

There is a very important patch to GD for this very problem of
crashing with antialiasing (it's not a MapServer problem).  Search
the list archives for details.  It's not in the official GD release,
and I don't know if any linux binary packages have it, so you'll
probably have to build GD yourself.  I thought I saw it mentioned on
the MapServer site somewhere, but a search didn't turn up anything.

On Sep 20, 2006, at 3:51 PM, Jennifer Strahan wrote:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thanks for your response.  I currently have:
>
> MapServer version 4.8.3.
> PHP/Mapscript ($Revision: 1.242.2.2 $ $Date: 2006/03/16 21:03:01 $)
> GD version  2.0 or higher
>
> I am thinking about upgrading to 4.10 for the curved label support,
> but I'll probably wait until it's out of beta.  Any other
> suggestions on how I can get this working without upgrading?
>
> Thanks,
> Jennifer
>
> At 01:40 PM 9/20/2006, you wrote:
>> Jennifer,
>>
>> which version of Mapserver/Mapscript and GD are you using? I've
>> myself experienced random crashes when trying to use antialiasing
>> with Mapserver versions prior to 4.8. Besides, back then, even if
>> the map rendered successfully, antialiasing didn't work.
>>
>> You should upgrade to the last stable version (4.8.4) at least.
>> You might even want to try the new 4.10 beta.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe