How can Create OVF file (for OGR MYSQL connection) interactively

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Wed Sep 20 18:38:11 EDT 2006

Murat,

If you are using the OGR connector for MySQL (and not the MyGIS one
that can be used with MapServer), OGR will need to make an entire
pass through the table to calculate the extent for the layer to
satisfy calls to msLayerGetExtent.  Unfortunately, setting an EXTENT
for the layer does not seem to short circuit this call in either 4.8
or 4.10. It is possible (although I haven't looked and can't confirm)
that setting wms_extent for the layer might short-circuit the request
for the layer's extent and save an extra troll through the layer. I
hope to resolve this issue in 5.0.

Howard